Sunday, October 20, 2013

Blessed

I am presently sitting at my computer (while simultaneously nursing, if you must know the truth. In fact, it seems like I do every activity while simultaneously nursing, come to think of it...), catching our family journal/blog up on the happenings of the past week, enjoying a moment of quiet while Aaron and the two olders (because we now have "olders" and "youngers") are at church, and the youngers are at home with me napping, and I can't help but reflect on my many blessings. Each time I start to type a list of the things I am most thankful for, I feel overwhelmed by my abundance and erase the list, too many blessings--large and small--to number. My heart is full. I am experiencing one of those moments that seem to happen only rarely, where life makes complete sense, my purpose seems clear, and I feel at total peace with where I am, right now. I wouldn't mind a few more hours of sleep, a little sprucing up in my wardrobe, or some extra spending money...but the things that really matter, the things that make me truly happy--the people that make me happy--I have! As we loaded up our minivan with our five kids yesterday to go about our Saturday errands, we realized that, for the first time, we were all together as a complete family. The feeling was indescribable. That little minivan full of my favorite people--sometimes whiny, sometimes noisy--is all I need. Most especially, I am thankful for my partner with whom I share this crazy, beautiful life. Aaron, you are my best friend and my heart.



No comments: