Sunday, September 21, 2014

Labor Day

When we pulled into the deserted parking lot of This is the Place on the morning of Labor Day, I started to feel worried that the park was closed and regretted that we hadn't called ahead to check the hours of operation. Turns out that we picked the perfect day to visit the park--the weather was beautiful and we had the place to ourselves!


Sometimes I like to think about returning to a simpler life...it seems so wholesome and quaint. But then I remember how much I like my dishwasher and my temperpedic cloud lux breeze king size bed and I thank my lucky stars for all the comforts of home.





Benny was amused by the little baby chicks, but didn't love holding it...immediately after this picture, he tossed the little chick in an excited flutter (don't worry, the chick was unharmed).

I guess people must have been really short back in the day...



No comments: