Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Pinewood Derby

Having zero outdoors/camping background whatsoever, I've been nervous about entering the intimidating world of scouting. It's hardcore! Pack meeting, den meetings, camps, badges, pins, uniforms, etc. I decided that when Hank turned 8, I may as well make the investment in figuring it out since scouting will inevitably be a big part of our lives for the foreseeable future. I'm pretty proud to say that Hank and I have been working together every Sunday afternoon to pass of achievements towards his wolf ranking and, only two months into the program, and we're nearly finished! I did defer to Aaron when it came to building Hank's pinewood derby car, though. Hank and Aaron designed, fabricated, and painted Hank's little muscle car. Unfortunately, there were 37 other racers and Hank did not place in the top 4. Poor Hank, these are our experimental years--by the time Joey and Rocky are scouts, we're going to OWN the pinewood derby (you would think, since we'll have at least one car in the race for the next eleven straight years, right?!)!





No comments: