Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Reminder

Sometimes I get caught up in the daily tedium of life--the never ending "to-do" list, the battle to just keep my sanity amid the voices of five little people all fighting and fussing at once, and the millions of different directions I feel pulled in trying to take care of everyone--that I forget to be grateful for this life that I've created. Benny always helps me remember. He reminds me that a smile really can make everything better. He reminds me that it's ok to slow down a little; I don't have to rush through everything. He reminds me that doing my very best is enough. I love this little boy for so many reasons, but especially for his constant reminder to me that what matters most usually isn't on my "to do" list at all.




Benny got to participate in his first primary program on Sunday. He was nervous, but he did great! His line was, "John the Baptist was baptized."

No comments: