Sunday, April 3, 2016

Lucky 13

Often, sandwiched between the hustle and bustle of Christmas and the celebration of New Year's, our anniversary feels a little overshadowed. By the 28th of December, our bank account is usually recovering from it's Christmas robbing, Aaron has maxed out his allotted vacation time, and our tummies have expanded from a month of indulgence. So, we usually celebrate our anniversary with a so-so dinner and movie and call it good. Not to sound ungrateful, because we did have a lovely dinner at the Roof restaurant, overlooking the Salt Lake Temple, and then enjoyed an overnighter at a hotel downtown, but it just doesn't seem like a fancy restaurant--as good as it may be--does justice to commemorate our marriage of 13 years. 13 YEARS! In those 13 years our bonds have been tested and have been found solid. We have weathered stormy seas, calm waters, and found our anchor in each other. Aaron is my rock, my partner, my confidante, my cheerleader, my crush, my best friend....my all. I treasure our relationship; there is nothing that we can't handle, together. Happy Anniversary, babe, we're just getting started.


No comments: