Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Progress!?

(In this picture, Hank is experimenting with a combination of peanuts and chocolate pudding as styling products for his hair)


As you know, Hank has a texture aversion issue so mealtime is always a struggle. We've been seeing a therapest for the past month who is helping Hank overcome his intolerance to texture. She encourages Hank to "make friends" with his food by using his fingers and getting messy. At dinnertime, Hank definately succeeded at getting messy, but I can't decide if I should celebrate the fact that Hank smeared chocolate pudding head to toe, smashed peices of peanuts into his hair, and ended up with more pudding on the floor than in his tummy. It is taking some serious restraint on my part to allow such madness to happen at the dinner table. Afterwards, we sent him straight outside to hose himself off with the sprinkler.

5 comments:

mom and pops grover said...

These pictures remind me of when Aaron was about Hanks age. I was busy one morning decorating a cake for a baby shower someone had asked me to make, actually for money, so I was really nervous about getting it just right. Aaron was sitting in his high chair eating his mushy while I was busy working on getting the frosting just right. I was in a position where I couldn't stop. He decided to dump the whole bowl of mush over his head. It was dripping everywhere all over him, the floor, everywhere! He just had to sit there. I think he enjoyed it! Food cleans up, better than paint! YOU GO HANK! GOOD JOB!

Robyn said...

Looks like progress to me! Remember his very first birthday cake!?!

Megan and Keli'i said...

Thanks for the pick-me-up, Court. And no, you are, like, the thinnest person ever. You're due any day and you're about the size I am in that picture! Plus, you should see me at week 40! Quadruple that pic! Hope all is well, and you're totally on the count down with this pregnancy! Hooray!

carrie said...

love the stylin' "gel". very cute. spencer's favorite was pears...that really holds the hair in place.
about the cilantro...ours has gotten really tall, too, but i'm still picking the leaves to eat. this is the first year i've ever grown it so i'm no expert. but as long as it smells good and looks like the stuff in the store, i still pick it. and, yeah, just pull off the leaves. what else did you plant?

We Three Madsens said...

It certainly looks like progress! Everything you have told me sounds like he is doing so well:)