Sunday, August 7, 2016

Simple Things

We had the impromptu idea to pack a quick picnic and head up to the canyon for lunch and some exploring with some of our buddies. When the boys asked if we could do smores, I told them that I wasn't going to build a fire, but if they wanted to start, tend, and extinguish the fire we could try it. Those little cub scouts immediately gathered up some newspaper and kindling wood and off we went. They made me a little nervous crossing the river on a log, but managed to keep their balance. They climbed rocks and threw rocks, waded into the water and splashed each other in the water. I was pretty proud of them for demonstrating some handy fire skills by starting the fire all by themselves. I loved enjoying nature with my boys without any distractions or man made activities. So simple and so enjoyable.






No comments: