Sunday, August 7, 2016

I'll show you!

One Saturday morning, Aaron and Max left the house early for a baseball game while I hung back at home with the rest of our crew. Without much of a plan for the morning, but not wanting to waste the beautiful summer Saturday, I remembered that our town was holding a parade that morning at 10am. I looked at the clock. 9:15. I texted Aaron and asked if he thought I had any chance of being able to get the kids dressed, fed, and packed and get to the parade route within the fifteen minutes. His response was complete disbelief that I'd even entertain the thought of pulling off the parade solo. Well, that answer was all I needed to make up my mind: where there is a will, there is a way. With Hank's help, we had the little guys dressed, grabbed a box of granola bars, tossed out chairs into the trunk, and we're out the door! Hank was invaluable at helping me find parking along the parade route, pulling the wagon loaded with our chairs (and Rocky), and securing a spot along the pavement to watch the parade. Needless to say, I felt quite accomplished when I texted Aaron a smug picture back of us lined up in front of the parade. 





No comments: