Thursday, December 19, 2013

Gingerbread Houses

I decided in advance that I was not going to micro-manage our gingerbread house project and that I would just let the boys decorate them any way they'd like. As Hank and Max just haphazardly stuck a candy cane here and a jelly bean there, I had to sit on my hands to keep from "suggesting" a few design ideas. At one point, I couldn't stand it any longer and applied a few candies to the roof of Hank's house in an ordered pattern. Hank took one look at my contribution and said he needed to "undo the damage" from my additions. The funny thing is, they LOVE their gingerbread houses and have been admiring them and complimenting themselves on their work all week long--even though they turned out a little sloppy for my liking, they like them because they made them themselves.






No comments: