Sunday, December 1, 2013

Blessing Day

Blessing days are always a special occasion, but Rockwell's blessing today, just days after Thanksgiving, felt especially tender. As I held Rocky just prior to his receiving his blessing, he looked at me with alertness in his eyes and held my gaze for several minutes. He laid still, just staring into my eyes, and I almost felt like, in that brief moment before his first priesthood ordinance occurred, I could feel his little spirit. It was indescribable, but there was a connection between us. A feeling of love for that little boy, and his infinite potential, just filled my heart and I could feel the Spirit confirming to me my great privilege to have been blessed with this child. Aaron gave Rockwell a very special blessing, mentioning Rocky's happy soul, his desire to learn the gospel, and his talents that will bless others. Seven weeks ago, I wasn't sure how I would find room in my heart for another baby, and today, my heart feels overflowing with love for this sweet babe. How very blessed I am today to have a husband who is worthy to bless our children in accordance with the whisperings of the still small voice, five special sons who fill my heart with richness, an extended family that supports us and our children, and a Father in Heaven who, for some reason, has blessed me far more than I deserve.






No comments: