Friday, March 27, 2015

A Grover Family First!

It seems like every time we have company visit, we chase our kids around a bouncy place and try to yell back and forth over the din of screaming kids and never really get the chance to chat and catch up. So this time when Andy and Robyn's families came to visit, we decided to hire a babysitter (gasp!) and have an adult-only date! Just for the heck of it I decided to keep the details of the date a surprise--and when I revealed that I was taking Aaron to a gun range (a first for us both), he was surprised!

Aaron loved shooting and is now on a big gun kick (not sure how I feel about that). I didn't love it...it felt unnatural and uncomfortable. But, I do love trying new and different things so I did enjoy doing something a little "out of the box."
After our target practice, we went out to dinner. It was a first for us all to eat together without any high chair between us, toddlers to entertain/distract, or chicken nuggets ordered. Needless to say, it was lovely! We need to make this happen more often!




No comments: