Saturday, February 14, 2015

Happy Birthday to Me!

My boys sure do know how to make a girl feel special. Without any help or coaching whatsoever, Hank and Max treated me to this fancy breakfast in bed:

My special day was actually just an ordinary Sunday, but it will probably stand out as an all time favorite. I felt lavished by love and affection from my boys (in the form of singing, homemade cards, and lots of hugs and kisses) and so many birthday wishes from friends near and far. It was so sweet to reflect on the great friendships I've cultivated over 33 years of life. I felt like I smiled all day long.

You want to know something? I feel better--physically, emotionally, spiritually--at 33 than I did at 23! Maybe this getting older stuff isn't so bad! That self-awareness and self-acceptance that eluded me at 23, now just seems beautifully natural at 33. While I feel consumed with my role as a mother, it's through motherhood that I've come to fully understand my identity. I'm not just living life, I'm breathing it in and inhaling it. I'm in a good place. 





No comments: