Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Christmas Part III: the Treats!

The reason it's taken me so long to blog about Christmas is that I'm just now recovering from the exhaustion of it all! I don't mean to sound like a whiner, but, really, Christmas is a lot of work! I guess I can't ask for sympathy since I come up with dumb ideas like baking 65 dozen cookies to deliver to our neighbors all on my own. Our house was a frenzy of cookie-making: both ovens' timers buzzing at alternating intervals, my poor little kitchenaid churning out batch after batch of dough, and caramel sauce, chocolate drizzle, and powdered sugar everywhere. I really do love to bake, but I'm going to have to downsize our friend list to keep my sanity intact next year;)


Most nights in the month of December we warmed up a cup of hot cocoa and kicked things up a notch by dunking Tim Tams. So good!

One night, we capped off our trip to visit the reindeer with a stop at the ice cream parlor. 

Besides pizza, there are very few meals that our family can agree upon...so it feels like a really big treat when we go out for breakfast because everyone likes pancakes! 









No comments: