Saturday, February 14, 2015

Christmas Day!

I don't even know what time it was when Hank and Max woke up. I just know that when I got out of bed at 7:00, they had all of the gifts sorted, stacked, and ready to go! I felt like our gift-opening experience this year was actually very laid back; the kids were very patient about waiting their turn, so I got to enjoy watching the kids' faces as they opened their gifts. The favorites this year were: an Adidas jacket and Legos for Hank, a pitching machine and Legos for Max, more Legos for Ben (there should be a discount for buying so many!), playdoh for Joey, and a kiddie piano for Rocky. 


I replaced Aaron's circa 1988 snow gear with new snow pants and coat, and he surprised me with a big girl purse that I've fallen in love with. 

Aaron put his new snow suit to good use and took the boys out to play in the snow in what has been our first and only real snow of the winter!

I can't feel sad about Christmas being over because I am really feeling so lucky and blessed everyday. It is a very special treat to get to give and receive gifts, but truly I feel that same spirit of happiness and joy that is so tangible during Christmas, every time our family is together. The presents are just a really fun bonus;)











No comments: