Sunday, April 13, 2014

Farewell Old Friends

With the season changing, it was time to sort through the boys' closets in my semi-annual giant clothing swap wherein everything from Hank's closet gets moved to Max's closet, everything from Max's closet gets moved to Ben's closet, and so on. In the process, I cleaned out six boxes of clothes that are too small for my BABY! There was a part of me that was kind of excited to say goodbye to those clothes that I've washed, packed up, unpacked, and washed 5 times, but I'd be lying if I didn't admit it was little bit bittersweet to pack up for the last time those little outfits that have clothed my babies. I remember dressing each of my babies in those outfits in what became almost a ceremony..."oh, he's ready to wear the 'little squirt' top," and "let's see if the "Mariners shirt" will fit him,"...taking pictures and reliving the stage through each baby. It really is hard to believe that five little boys grew out of those clothes in such a short time. One minute Hank was swimming in my favorite little plaid Sunday outfit, and the next minute Rocky was bursting out of the same outfit. Those clothes have survived five owners and served us well--farewell sweet baby clothes!


No comments: