Monday, December 31, 2012

Christmas Eve

Aaron and I joke (semi-seriously) that Christmas Eve is the best day of the year because it's the one day that we allow ourselves to go all out, splurge and buy anything at the grocery store/Costco that tickles our fancy, and indulge without guilt. I'm pretty sure I consumed enough goodies on that one night to hold me over for the rest of the year. Aside from the gourmet spread, I love that Christmas Eve means family, togetherness, and traditions. Most importantly, it is a time to reflect on our Savior, Jesus Christ, whose birth we celebrate.


After our feast, we played competitive game of family Christmas Bingo, followed by reading a special Christmas story, and then reading the nativity story from the Bible.

Afterwards, the boys scurried to bed, full of excitement and anticipation.

Behold, the Christmas tree in all her glory, pre-Christmas morning destruction:

No comments: