Thursday, April 12, 2012

Don't Cry Because its Over, Smile Because it Happened

When I hold this little boy in my arms, in awe of the perfect-ness of each of his little features and simply the wonder of his being, I literally feel like I could become lost in the moment. My heart is just brimming with love for this sweet baby boy and I am happy just breathing him in and soaking him up. Precious.

The most bittersweet part about the past week, spending my days lazily cuddling my newborn son, is the knowledge that I am living out one of the best parts of my life; I know these are the days I will look back on and wish, wish, wish I could capture, freeze, and relive over and over. The lyrics to a song keep running through my mind and settling in my heart: "These are the moments I'll remember all my life. And these are the moments, I thank God that I'm alive. I've got all I've waited for, and I could not ask for more." 

No comments: