Tuesday, March 9, 2010

the AZ

I think I'm definately ready for my vacation from my vacation! Don't get me wrong, we had a blast on our week-long family vacation to Arizona this past week, but, man, I AM EXHAUSTED! Here are a few highlights from our trip:

1) Enjoying the FANTASTIC sunshine!
Hank, Max, and I loved playing with my sister, Bobbi, and her kids, Aleah, Alex, Genevieve, Juliette, and Ian outdoors. We played at several different local parks, fed the ducks at a little pond, dug in the sandbox, and played in the backyard. The kids loved running around outside and I couldn't get enough of the heat!




2) In 'N Out
It was so yummy we ate there twice! Of course, one of my favorite parts of any vacation is the EATING!


3) The Mariners

This picture says it all. Aaron was literally in heaven to fulfill one of his lifelong dreams: to watch the Mariners' play at spring training. We parked ourselves on the lawn, sat on blankets, ate snacks and treats, watched the game, and soaked up that wonderful Arizona sunshine. Max even got in a little snooze!

4) The Fam

The vacation turned into a bit of a family reunion for the Grover family. We got to spend time with Aaron's parents, his brother and his family, Aaron's aunt and uncle, and four of Aaron's cousins and their families! We played at the ballgames, the kids ran wild, we went swimming, we barbequed, and we caught up and visited together. Its always fun when the Grovers get together. Sadly, I didn't get a family picture taken with the Cooks (my sisters' family). Living a few states away from each other, I don't get to see my sister very often, so I just loved simply spending time with her and her family and getting to know each of her kids a little better. The Cooks were unbelievably hospitable in letting us stay with them, feeding us, making us feel so comfortable, and treating our kids like one of the bunch. Thank you!!
5) The Workout
Fun, food, and family aside, the vacation was a workout! Keeping the kids happy on a four hour airplane ride by myself (think four sacrament meetings!) with Max sitting in my virtually non-existent lap was a major accomplishment.
I know the boys had a blast, but by the end of the week the lack of naps, the lack of schedule, and the massive amount of junk food definately caught up with them and caused a few major meltdowns.
Baby boy gave me a run for my money, threatening to make his arrival in Arizona. A combination of pushing my nine-month pregnant body a little harder than I should and a reaction with a bad antibiotic, set me up for some serious queaziness and fierce contractions, causing me at one point to even have to stop for a little IV rehydration. Thanks, Paul!
All in all, the vacation was such a wonderfully needed break from our daily routine, a lot of fun, and a great time with family....we're thinking about making the AZ trip a new spring tradition!?

No comments: