Saturday, September 5, 2009

Yes, Its Official...

I am a proud soccer mom! Actually, I'm not just an ordinary soccer mom, I'm the soccer coach! After signing Hank up for his first season of soccer, I got a phone call from the soccer league asking if I would coach his team. Lets see...I haven't played in years and I've never coached before--why not?? So far, I've had fun coaching the six little rascals on Hank's team during our weekly practices. I figure if I can teach them all to keep their hands off of the ball, run in the direction of the right goal, and have a little fun, then I'll be a success.
Hank's low center of gravity makes him quite a little threat dribbling the ball.


Oh the attention span of three year olds! Here Hank is waiting patiently for practice to end so he can run and play on the playground equipment.



I have to admit, kicking around the soccer ball on a beautiful summer evening on a perfectly cut field, made me a little nostolgic of my old soccer days. I hope Hank has as much fun playing soccer as I did.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Go Court! I think you are such a cool momma!

Kathy said...

the picture of Hank sitting on the soccer ball makes me smile.

adam said...

tell Hank you cant sit on the ball, cause it will lopside it