Thursday, July 2, 2009

The Miracle of Life

Yesterday I had the honor of witnessing the birth of my brand-new nephew, Jasper True, who was born at 4:35 p.m, weighing 7lbs 2oz and measuring 21 inches long. I had the privilege of keeping Amy company all night in the hospital through her labor, doing my best to coach her through the agonizing delivery process. I got to share in Jasper's first few moments of life, hearing his first cry, and watching his first bath. I even got to cut the cord! I was unbelievably impressed with my sister's strength and stamina during the process and can only say that I was relieved to be in my shoes and not hers. Thank you, Amy, for sharing such a precious experience with me. I will never forget 7/1/09 and I'm already in love with little Jasper. I don't want to steal Amy's thunder, but I couldn't help posting just one picture of cute little Jasper--a sneak peak!

2 comments:

Lauralee said...

sweet! it is truly a miracle.. every time! that is great you got to be there.. love the name!

We Three Madsens said...

So cute!! Its so great you got to be there with her.