Friday, June 27, 2008

Funny Story

Since Aaron starts work at 5am, he usually has to get to bed around 9:30pm in order to wake up at 4am each morning. Most mornings, he's so delirious when he wakes up that he rolls out of bed, hits the shower, throws on some clothes, and heads to work half asleep. Last night Aaron went to bed around 9:30 as usual and I stayed up awhile later blogging and reading because I can't fall asleep that early. So, I creep into bed at 11pm and as I'm getting into bed, Aaron throws off the blankets and heads for the bathroom. A few minutes later, I hear the shower running and wonder what Aaron is up to. I go into the bathroom and find that Aaron has turned on the shower and is getting ready to get in. Confused, I asked Aaron if he was going somewhere and he said he had to go to work. I asked him if he knew what time it was (11pm) and he looked at the clock, snapped out of his semi-zombie state, and said "YES!" Poor guy. I must have woken him up when I got into bed and he was so tired that he just went into auto-pilot mode and started getting ready for work, no complaining, on an hour and a half of sleep. I laughed at Aaron's obvious nightwalking, but I gave him a big hug too because I was so grateful that he was ready to silently go to work at 11pm to provide for our family. I am so proud of Aaron for the hard work that he does everyday to support our family and I'm grateful for the sacrifice that he makes to wake up at the crack of dawn each morning to make sure that we're taken care of. I love you, Aaron!

2 comments:

Poe said...

I did this same thing one morning in high school due to my early morning seminary class. I would wake up on auto pilot as well and get ready. Well, my brother came in one night at about 11:00 and told me that my sister was coming home and needed my bed. I didn't hear him but just got up and started getting ready. I got showered and everything and then realized what time it was. I went to school the next day with a huge fro because I went to bed with my hair wet.

Megan and Keli'i said...

Oh no! I bet he was so tired too the next day! But that is one funny story!