Sunday, December 7, 2014

Giving Thanks

My mom and I make a pretty mean team in the kitchen. We actually had all of our dishes prepped and ready by mid-morning and then just relaxed until it was time for the big feast. The food this Thanksgiving was hands down the best thanksgiving meal to date. In fact, Papa Grover declared that the turkey was the best he's ever had! High praise! Unfortunately, I wasn't feeling my best and couldn't find the energy to participate in the cooking preparations as much as I would have liked, but there is no one more capable to leave in command than my mom. I'm so glad we got to share the occasion and the feast with some of our favorite people. The kids were in cousin heaven--the boys barely surfaced from playing in the basement long enough to drink some pop and eat a fresh roll and then ran back down for more rough housing. 

Just in case I hadn't fully appreciated my good fortune in life, family, and health, the Saturday after Thanksgiving our company returned home, Aaron had to handle some matters out of town, and I was left alone, just me, the five boys, and a whammy of a stomach flu! Lying on the bathroom floor in the middle of the night, clinging to dear life, sure has a way of humbling you real quick! Since that nightmarish episode, I'm definitely counting my strong body and good general health on my list of blessings. Speaking seriously though of blessings, my cup runneth over and my heart is full of gratitude for my blessings--the six men that comprise my whole world, and the crazy life we've built together. I am blessed indeed. Happy Thanksgiving!



No comments: