Thursday, August 14, 2014

Pioneer Day

A quote was shared in sacrament meeting, to the effect that the pioneers did not make such profound sacrifices so that we could drive fancy cars and enjoy shopping at strip malls, and that it is our responsibility to build upon their legacy. I do drive a comfortable car and I frequently shop at a strip mall, but I hope my pioneer ancestors would feel pleased with the way that I am carrying their legacy--building a personal testimony upon Christ, building a gospel-centered home, and building family traditions to celebrate and acknowledge our rich blessings. Our favorite pioneer tradition is a family firework display. Ben and Joey were thrilled with their Pop-Its, throwing them and marching all over the tiny firecrackers. Hank and Max really liked the snakes, smoke bombs, and ground flowers.











No comments: