Thursday, June 12, 2014

Hank is 8!

I think I blinked and my precious little baby boy grew into a handsome, clever, sweet young man. It has been a joy to have Hank in our family--he holds a special place as the oldest and the leader of our pack of boys.

Hank is an early riser and likes to wake up and get himself dressed first thing in the morning. He is full of energy--I don't think I can remember a time that he went to bed willingly. Hank is a picky eater but has come along ways from his babyhood days and will cooperate with most vegetables, but he prefers the basics like french bread, plain pasta, and pancakes. Hank is smart as a whip. He seems to understand concepts with ease, breezes through his homework, and has always been at the top of his class in math, reading, and spelling. Hank is very social and loves to play with his friends, but sometimes his friends complain that he is bossy (typical first child trait) and sometimes Hank can get frustrated when others don't do what he wants them to do. Hank is used to telling his younger brothers what to do and has learned to be a great leader; most kids just gravitate towards Hank. Like his Dad, Hank is assertive and has no compunction about asking a waitress for a refill of his rootbeer, or asking a salesperson how much something costs. Hank is a true boy and loves all things sports. He is loyal to all of his Dad's teams; once even proclaiming that the color "red" was a bad color because it belongs to a rival football team. Of all the sports he plays (golf, soccer, basketball, T-ball, track), Hank enjoys playing basketball the most but has also shown an aptitude for track. Hank can be very affectionate and still enjoys holding my hand, snuggling with me on the couch in the evening, and will even give me a kiss on the lips before bed.

I can't begin to express how proud I am of the great little person that Hank is becoming and the privilege that I feel to call him my son. Hank, you are loved more than you'll ever know...to the moon and stars and back! Happy Birthday, Hank!




No comments: