Thursday, June 12, 2014

Florida Vacation

I'd wear a blind fold and hop on a plane to anywhere if the trip was on the house, so I really wasn't complaining about the trip to Marco Island, Florida that Aaron won for us through his company. It was five lovely days of sleeping in late, reading to my heart's content poolside, splurging on fancy food, soaking up the warmth of the sunshine, and spending quality time with my best friend--at times taking adventures together and other times just connecting over shared conversation. In other words, it was perfect. If I didn't love my kids so stinking much (and I didn't worry that Nana Grover would give out from exhaustion (thank you!)), I think I might stay on that beach forever.





Oh the trials...


Aaron and I took an excursion to the everglades to ride an air boat and check out the gators. The air boat ride was actually both exhilarating and serene at the same time, but I can't say I have much fondness for the gators.





I wasn't able to document our guided waverunner tour through the 10,000 islands, but the manatee sightings were definitely a highlight.



Our outing to South Beach fulfilled our goal to cross the destination off our travel list, but really didn't impress much...the streets were jammed with people who for the most part felt that clothing was optional (regardless of age or body type), women (again, scantily-clad) danced provocatively at outdoor restaurants and on tour buses blaring loud music, and people openly smoked an unknown substance through some type of apparatus. It would be an understatement to say that South Beach was a shock to my Utah residing sensitivities. Different strokes for different folks...


No comments: