Sunday, March 30, 2014

The Farm

After living here for two-plus years, we decided it was finally time to bite the bullet and buy a family membership to Thanksgiving Point. Among other amenities, our pass allows us admission to the working farm where we can feed farm animals, ride ponies, and take a wagon ride. Earlier in the day I had asked Ben how he felt about riding horses (since he wasn't so keen on them during his hippotherapy experience) and he said, "Excited!" I was curious to see whether he understood the meaning of my question and how he would really react when I took Max, Ben, Joey, and Rocky to the farm with Mindy and her littlest girls that afternoon. Sure enough, the boys all loved riding the ponies! In fact, when his turn was over, Ben began sobbing so hard that I thought he had gotten hurt somehow and didn't realize until I questioned him that he was just sad that his ride was over. Luckily, with our membership, we can go back to the farm again anytime we want!







No comments: