Thursday, January 2, 2014

Romantical

This, my friends, is what a "hot" 11 year anniversary date looks like when you have five kids:

Nothing more romantic than a family date to Cold Stone for icecream, right? Our attempt at an anniversary date was a bit of a fail--I watched bits and pieces of a movie between rocking Rocky in the hallway and, due to time constraints with our babysitters, we opted for a local restaurant that was just average. But you know what? Such is life. It seems kind of a fitting way to celebrate this crazy life that we've created together by sharing it with the five boys who make it so crazy! I'm taking a rain check on our romantic date night, but overall feeling pretty lucky to have spent my anniversary with not just one handsome man, but five handsome little men, too! 

When I think back on my 20 year old self, I laugh to think how little we really knew about each other then and how young our love for each other was at that time. I couldn't have imagined then how great our life together would be now. I love this life that we've built together and feel so lucky to get to spend it with my best friend. 



No comments: