Sunday, January 19, 2014

My Team

As I sit here and type this post, Aaron is watching the recap from a very intense Seattle Seahawks playoff game. I didn't follow the game, but I could tell what was happening just based off of Aaron's reactions as he sat on the edge of his seat. He's shout "come on!" or "no way!" and I knew the other team must have caught an interception or scored. He'd yell at the referee and I knew he was unhappy about a call that had been made. And when his team scored, I didn't need to watch the play on TV, I could tell that I touchdown had occurred by the rowdy yelling, clapping, and whooping. I couldn't help but roll my eyes a little bit as my grown-man husband got so wrapped up in a silly football game. And then I uploaded these photos of Hank at his basketball game....and I suddenly understood. Hank may well be playing in a professional league during a play-off game because when I watch him play, I feel that same nail-biting, sit-on-the-edge-of-my-seat feeling. Silly as it may be, I get such a thrill watching Hank play basketball each week. At this level of competition they don't keep score and it appears that dribbling the ball is optional, but it still makes my heart beat a little faster every time Hank takes a shot. Who cares about the Seahawks, or any team for that matter, the only team that I like to root for is my own. Go Hank!





No comments: