Sunday, January 13, 2013

Who's Counting?

So Friday was my birthday. There's no need to keep track of what year it was--old is old. Aging is such a surreal experience. I always envisioned growing up, getting married, having kids, and living my dreams, but I just never realized that I'd age in the process. I thought it was just something that happened to everyone else. But here I am! Smack dab in my early-thirties! Yikes! How did that happen?! At the very least, at least I had a great excuse to spend the day with good friends and family, play, and eat cake!

I woke up on my birthday with a fever of 102.8. How is that for an ominous sign of the year to come? I'm far too stubborn and strong-willed to let being sick slow me down (you know, some things don't change with age:), so I stopped at the doctor for a prescription (turns out that nagging cold that had been bothering me for the past week and a half was really strep!) and then was treated to breakfast with my girlfriends. Afterwards, we checked Hank out of school a bit early, dropped the babies off and Nana's house, and went tubing! Even though it was frigid we had a blast getting towed up the hill and sliding back down together. I finished my special day with pizza and chocolate cupcakes with my sweet family. Minus the sick part, it was a near-perfect day! Maybe this getting older business isn't so bad??



No comments: