Sunday, January 13, 2013

My Little Peanut

Joey went in for his 9 month doctor check-up this week. He weighed in at 20lbs 15oz (45%), measured 29 inches (89%) and his little noggin has grown to the 95%. Although he's got plenty of baby pudge, compared to his hefty older brothers, he just feels like a little peanut to me!


I am just in love with Joey these days. Joey is in my most favorite baby stage: he sits competently and plays with whatever he can get his hands on but doesn't quite crawl and get himself into trouble. As with life, all good things must end--Joey is beginning to get on all fours and I know he'll be crawling and chasing after his brothers soon. He'd probably be crawling already if he had the chance--with Ben pushing him over or pulling his hair anytime he fusses, Joey doesn't get a lot of opportunity to play on the floor. On the plus side, the brothers seem to be toughening Joey up--he didn't even flinch when he got his shots this week. Joey is a great little eater and samples anything and everything from our plates. He sleeps two naps during the day and sleeps through the whole night. He babbles lots of consonant sounds, but "da-da" is his favorite phrase. Joey is the "flail-iest" baby I know. His little arms start flying up and down anytime he gets excited. I'm a little surprised that Joey's hair has stayed so fair, but he sure is a cute little blondie boy. I love how fascinated Joey is with the world around him, how curious he is to explore his surroundings, and how much he is learning and growing each day. Joey is simply doll and I just love him to bits.

No comments: