Monday, February 18, 2013

Hank's Pet Rock Project

I may eat my words in a few years when I am helping the boys with late night book reports, science fair experiements, and diaramas, but I really do enjoy working with Hank on his homework, especially his creative assignments. Last week Hank's class made "pet rocks" and then his teacher gave the students the assignment to make a habitat for their pet rocks. Hank came up with the idea to make his pet rock into an astronaut landing on the moon. Hank and I had fun brainstorming ideas for the design of the habitat, creating the artwork to decorate it, and assembling the habitat together. I did help Hank with some of the logistics like hanging the rocket ship in place using yarn and hot glue and printing the title to go on top of the box, but Hank did all of the coloring and artwork himself. I think its an "A+" pet rock habitat!

No comments: