Monday, March 26, 2012

Won't You Be My Neighbor?

I don't think there are many people who can say that they would willingly opt to live with their in-laws...but, then again, I don't think there are many people who have in-laws like mine.

When Aaron's parents decided to join us in our migration to Utah, we were all surprised when their home sold so quickly; the subsequent decision to live together in our home while they began a house hunt was unanimous. I know that they are anxious to get the building of their new home underway, spread out, and have a place to call their own again, but I just have to say--this arrangement has been such a blessing to our family! I am just so so so grateful for all of the help and support that I/we receive from our downstairs neighbors: Nana and Papa are always willing to watch the boys when I need to take Ben to a doctor's appointment, they are available to pick up Hank from school if I'm running late with an errand, they provide on-site handy-man services when needed, they babysit so that Aaron and I can go on a date or just have a little peace and quiet on a crazy evening, and they make the boys feel loved and special every single day. I am certain that we are getting the better end of the deal in this housing arrangement and I just want them to know how blessed we feel to have them as housemates for this short season of time.

1 comment:

greatbon said...

I have to say you do have amazing in-laws.