Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Resolutions

Rather than making resolutions that we forget in two weeks and never keep, our family has begun a tradition of selecting one scripture to memorize and recite each day as a family for the entire year. Last year we chose Philippians 4:13 "I can do I things through Christ which strengtheneth me." The boys memorized the scripture, we recited it together each night before family prayer, and I know it definately helped me to feel uplifted and focused, each and every day, all year long.

This year, we picked Proverbs 3: 5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths." This scripture captures my resolution for 2012 perfectly: to trust the Lord in all things and pray for Him to reveal the next step in our journey. Can't wait to see all of the GOOD things that He has in store for our family this year!

No comments: