Saturday, September 10, 2011

Happy Birthday Maxwell!

Happy 3rd Birthday to my Maxy-boy! I love you all the way to the moon and back!


A Couple Interesting Things About Max:

* Max is a character. He likes to talk in funny voices and he always makes silly facial expressions. He makes his signature face by sticking out his tongue (he can nearly touch his chin; he's very talented), closing his eyes, and shaking his head.

* Max can throw a mean fit, but for the most part, he is very laid back. I often say that Max is my low investment/high return kid because he is just so happy, so easy going. Max has always  been one of those kids that other moms just watch with envy and wonder what I must be doing right to get him to be so mellow. I'd like to take the credit, but really Max is just awesome like that.

* Max is a chicken. I can't even list all of the things that Max is afraid of. Not a risk-taker, that boy. I like to say that Max is just tender because he never strays very far from Mom and Dad.

* Max is a great eater and a great sleeper (knock on wood). Max will eat just about anything, but he likes to graze off others' plates rather than his own. His favorites are pizza, chicken nuggests, and steak. Max takes a 2-3 hour nap every afternoon and will tell me when he is tired and ready for bed in the evening, usually around 8.

* Max has a great attention span and loves to work on very fine motor activities like cutting paper with scissors or buttoning his clothes.

* Max has a funny fascination with hygeine. He loves to inspect Dad's hands for dry skin and pick off any offending skin (a little gross), he loves to clean out between his toes, and he loves to brush his teeth and "comb" his own hear (it usually ends up looking worse than when he started). While these habits are a little strange at this age, I'm hoping its an early sign that he'll become a great doctor one day :)

There are so many things that I love and adore about Max, I could just go on and on. I truly feel like I lucked out when Max joined our family. He has brought so much joy to our family. He is a one in a million little boy and I love him to bits.

Happy Birthday Max!

No comments: