Thursday, May 5, 2011

Ouch...that hurt a little bit

Yes, I know that Hank will have a blast at kindergarten next year. And I know that he will make tons of new friends and learn lots of new and exciting things. And I even believe that sending him to school is what is best for his overall development. But if my heart hurt just taking him to Kinder Round-up this morning, how will I possibly survive sending him off to kindergarten full-time in the fall? I honest to goodness don't know if I will be able to bear it--I will just miss my sweet Hanky so much!

As the children arrived at the round-up, the kids enjoyed cookies and juice in the cafeteria. The principal's welcome speach wasn't nearly as exciting as the garbage truck that stopped right outside the window....which of course Hank plastered his face to in order to get a good look.

On the school tour, we stopped into a kindergarten class and the kids listened to a story and colored a butterfly. Hank seemed a little timid and nervous, but I was happy to see him listen attentively to the story and then raise his hand and make a comment at the end.

Its no surprise that Hank's favorite part of the Round-up was getting to tour the school bus.
I know that when school starts in four months Hank will be ready--but will I??

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I know how you feel. I am so excited for Ally to go to school...but I'm pretty sure I'm going to cry when I take her on her first day. Can you believe that we're there?? It's a new phase in parenting as well as for our kids. So weird!