Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Wow. A girl could really get used to this royal treatment! From the breakfast in bed to the special musical number, the extra "I love you"s and special pampering--my boys treated me like a queen! Oh that every day could be Mother's Day! Thank you, boys, for making me feel so loved.

Nothing makes me feel more content and satisfied, stimulated and challenged, and just plain happy than being a mom. I am so deeply grateful for each of my children and for the great opportunity and responsibility that I have been given to be their mother. I love my special boys and pray every single day for the added guidance and wisdom to carry out my special role as their mother in a way that would be pleasing to my Heavenly Father.



Dear Mom,

Thank you for being my very best girlfriend. I call you often, sometimes for a needed recipe, sometimes to share a peice of happy news, sometimes to glean some mommy advice about a minor medical issue or a problematic behavior, sometimes to just complain and vent about life in general, and sometimes just because--and you always know EXACTLY what to say. You know when I just need an ear to listen, you know when I need a pep talk to build me up, you know when I need a soft reminder to consider the greater perspective, you know when I need comfort and reassurance. Your words have often been the precise answer to prayer that I was searching for, the extra bit of boost that I needed to keep going. Thank you for being my friend, keeping my company, sharing my burden, as I try to walk this path of motherhood in your footsteps. Happy Mother's Day.

I love you,
me

No comments: