Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Little Rascal

Sometimes it feels like all day long I am saying the same things over and over: "Hank, stop it!", "Hank, leave your brother alone!" or "Hank! Calm down!" I think I need ease up on Hank a little. Sure, he can be a rascal at times and he knows how to push my buttons, but he is the brightest, most thoughtful, and caring little boy. Just a few examples:

- On our way out of the Supermall, Hank sees a teenaged kid smoking a cigarette. Completely unprompted, Hank points and the kid and says, "you spit that cigarette out right now!" The kid felt guilty and immediately spit out his cigarette. In an embarassed kind of way, Aaron and I were so proud of Hank for honoring his standards.

- The other day I put a pot of water on the stove to boil to make pasta for the kids' lunch. I left Hank and Max in the kitchen for a minute while I ran upstairs to grab a diaper for Ben. From upstairs, I hear Hank yelling at Max and Max crying. When I get back to the kitchen, I find that Max had tried to pull a chair up to the stove (trying to get a capri sun on the counter) and Hank had pulled him off of the chair and scooted the chair away from the stove. Thank goodness for Hank and his awesome big brother instincts!

- Hank has been taking short naps lately so I got him a couple workbooks to keep him busy while Max and Ben are still sleeping. Its been really fun to spend some one on one time with Hank and I am so impressed with what a great learner he is.



I love you, little rascal!

2 comments:

Britney and Andy said...

Hank is so funny. I love how he told that teenager to put the cigarette down. Andy and I laughed so hard. You have such sweet little boys. Hope you are doing well. Call me if you need to vent.

kathy said...

Hank is the best puzzle-putter-together I know. So smart. I could listen to him talk all day.