Friday, December 18, 2009

Mommy/Son Date

Last night I took Hank on a date, just the two of us. Sometimes in all the hustle and bustle of our daily routine, I'm not able to take the time that I would like to just give Hank my undivided attention. So, last night we just hung out together! I thoroughly enjoyed his company. First, we went to the toy store and Hank got to buy a Christmas present for Max. I had to explain to Hank that the present was not for him, it was to give to Max, so he should pick out something that Max might like. Hank had a hard time passing up the dinosaurs and trucks (toys that he would like himself), but in the end, he deciced to buy Max a corn-popper toy that I know Max will love! I was proud of him for choosing something that Max would like all by himself. I wanted Hank to understand, in a small way, what it feels like to give, since I know he will be spoiled rotten on Christmas Day. Afterwards, we stopped at Baskin Robbins for an icecream treat. Hank was in heaven with all the delicious ice-cream choices. I held him up to the counter and told him what each flavor was and let him sample a few. In the end, he chose a chocolate milkshake with Mike 'n Ikes on top, a popular combination I'm sure. Thanks for the fun date, Hank!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

any girl (including his mom) is lucky to get a date with Hank.

Lauralee said...

fun times! curt's favorite at BR is sherbet with hot fudge. seriously.

The Welsh's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Welsh's said...

Hey! Glad you said hi! Looks like your little family is doing well too. Cute little boys! Say hi anytime, always good to hear from old friends! Tell Aaron hi! Happy Holidays to yours!