Sunday, January 11, 2009

Happy Birthday to ME!

Today I turned the big 2-7. All things considered, it was a nice birthday. Since today is Sunday, we celebrated yesterday with a full day of festivities. We woke up and got ourselves presentable because I had made an appointment to have our family pictures taken. I had imagined that having our photo taken would be a fun activity but between the lame-o photographer and my group of uncooperative boys, it turned into a major ordeal that left us all feeling haggard. I recooperated with some shopping therapy and a pedicure with my girlfriend. Later, Aaron and I enjoyed a nice dinner together and a movie afterwards. My 27 year-old self getting ready to enjoy my yummy birthday cake.

We have a tradition where Aaron attempts to make a birthday cake of my choosing each year. This year I challenged Aaron to make a cheesecake. This was the final product. Its not going to win any beauty contests, but it actually was delicious. Its the thought that counts, right?
My pretty pedicured piggies.
I don't know why people always ask, "how does it feel?" when its your birthday. Truthfully, it feels old. As each birthday comes and goes, I always feel the need to evaluate and assess my progress in life. This birthday I realized that I only have three more years to go before I reach the major milestone of year 30. I don't want to be 30 years old and have any regrets so, being the list-making, goal oriented girl that I am, I decided that I would make my own "bucket list" of sorts, and set a few goals to complete before I turn 30. I'm not talking about fluffy "see a shooting star" type goals, I mean real, do-able, life goals. I will add to the list as I continue to brainstorm, but here is what I've come up with so far:
1. Have another baby
2. Visit Europe
3. Run at least a 10k
4. Take a class...maybe intro to Italian, photography, parenting, design, creative writing
5. $$$ - figure out how to get some
6. Learn to ski and golf
7.

7 comments:

Robyn said...

Happy Birthday to you! Im glad you got to have a fun day! Your toes are darling...im totally jelous! I love your idea of your bucket list...dont be suprised if i steal your idea for my 25th birthday this year!

carrie @ the boonie life said...

Happy Birthday yesterday! 27, ah, so young! I turned 30 a few months ago and it's great. I feel much more sophisticated. Haha! Actually I feel exactly the same (except I'm pregnant so...). Anyway, go for the goals. They sound awesome and very do-able. Hey, I'll go to Europe with you! :)

Anonymous said...

Dude, That Cake looks sweet!

Mindy said...

Happy Belated Birthday Court. You are looking beautiful, vibrant and young even if you say you feel old! Hope it was memorable. Will we get to see any family pics on here?

Lauralee said...

happy birthday.. cute toes.. great list!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday. what's up with the frosting application on the cake?.. amy

Derrinda said...

Happy Birthday Courtney! I hope it was a good one-sounds like you had a pretty good day. I turn the big 30 in a few months and well yeah.....I like your bucket list idea as well...don't be surprised if you see it on my blog someday soon:) lol