Friday, September 11, 2015

Rough Start

I was a little caught off guard when, after wearing his shin guards and carrying around his water bottle all morning in anticipation for his first soccer practice, Joey refused to get out of the car and went wet-noodle on me when I tried to drag him to the field. After my attempts to both threaten and bribe failed, I just let him sit on the sidelines and sulk. I'm not sure if it was first day jitters, if he wasn't feeling well, or what, but Joey wouldn't set foot onto the field and wanted nothing to do with a soccer ball. He looked so pathetic I almost felt sorry for him, but that little boy can be so stubborn I feel like burying my head in my hands, too!


Update:
I guess he worked out whatever was holding him back, because his second practice was much better than the first. He kicked the ball, ran the drills, and had a great time!






No comments: