Friday, April 26, 2013

Tiny Terror

He's so little and so cute, and yet such a trouble-maker! Of all my boys, it's quite possible that Joey may be the rascaly-est. He is like a whirlwind of disaster...one minute he's charging up the stairs (a dangerous stunt due to the slate flooring at the bottom of the staircase), the next he's unrolling the toilet-paper roll in the bathroom, peircing the foil-topped applesauce cups with his tiny sharp teeth, or strewing laundry all about. It is a full-time job to keep up with this little dude.

This morning, the boys all joined me in Ben's room to get Ben and Joey dressed for the day. I've often joked with Hank about him being old enough to start changing diapers, so this morning I teased him again about soon it being his job to change the diapers. To my surprise, he agreed to change Joey's diaper and get him dressed. My heart just melted watching big-brother Hank try his very best to serve his little brother (oh, did I mention Joey likes to act like a greased piglet while he's getting his diaper changed?) and take care of him. I think it will be awhile before Hank offers to change Joey's diaper again, but it was so sweet (and a bit comical) to see Hank being so tender towards his little brother.

No comments: