Happy Birthday to my very most favorite three-year-old and one-year-old on the planet! Even though they shared a family birthday party, we tried to make them both feel extra loved, extra special, and extra celebrated. Nana and Papa Grover, Uncle Ryan and Mindy, and Aunt Robyn and D joined us between conference sessions for a joint-celebration of pizza, strawberry shortcake (why? I'm pregnant and it sounded good to me), and presents.
Ben is 3!
A Few Special Things About Benny:
- Benny eats crackers and cereal exclusively (eating is definately not his best skill). His favorite variety is Chicken 'n Biscuits and Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
- Benny loves music and loves to sing. He loves to listen to primary songs from the Children's Songbook while we drive in the car and after each song ends, he says, "more!" He has a great ear for music and hums several tunes throughout the day.
- Ben's favorite thing to play with is his lego collection. He is masterful and stacking lego and creating different shapes and patterns. He also likes to play with any type of collection or toy that he can sort and put into cups and baggies. It's uncommon to find him without a cup or baggie filled with legos, blocks, beads, cards, or some such collection.
- Benny loves to swing. Odd as it may be, we have a swing installed in our bedroom, just so Benny can swing whenever his little heart desires.
- Ben loves, loves, loves attention and will engage any passerby in his trademark charming game of peek-a-boo. It's pretty much irresistable.