Last year, when I turned 28, I revealed my theory about "epic" years occuring once every four years, and proclaimed that 28 was sure to bring me "big things." It seems that my prophecies were fulfilled, just not quite in the way that I had envisioned. So, if I get to put in my order again for this year, forget "epic" and "big," I'm saying up front that I'd like a calm, peaceful, and positive 29th year.
|Some of my very sweet girlfriends surprised me with a birthday brunch get-together. Besides the fact that our millions of kids wreaked havok on Liz's poor house, it was so nice to celebrate with dear friends.|
|Believe it or not, I chose to go out for sushi for my birthday dinner--its not ALL raw fish people, trust me!|
|One of my favorite parts of the day was my 'birthday hug' from my boys. Hank and Max gave me hugs, sang me "Happy Birthday," and "helped" with a sweet card.|
|If I told you what I wished for then it wouldn't come true, but I'll give you one hint: it starts with a 'Ben' and ends with a "Jamin."|
1. How old is Mom? 29 (true)
2. What is Mom's name? Courtney (that's me)
3. What is Mom's favorite color? pink (I wouldn't have been able to choose)
4. What is Mom's favorite thing to eat? sandwiches (wrong-o. Chocolate!)
5. What is Mom's favorite thing to do? play with us (of course)
6. What is Mom's favorite song? Twinkle-Twinkle (hymns)
7. What is Mom's favorite book? The Book of Mormon (right!)
8. What is Mom's job? to take care of us (yep)
9. Where does mom like to go? Go to Old Maybe's (I think he meant "Old Navy." I do like to shop, but I would have said be outdoors, go on a walk, or go on a date with Dad)
10. What is your favorite thing about Mom? you are loved (thanks Hankie:)
If I have learned anything in my 29 years, its that I have so, so much more to learn. I'm looking forward to another year to figure it all out, to mess up, to keep on trying to get it right, to try to do my best, and to just keep moving forward. Its going to be a great year, I know it!