Monday, February 22, 2010

Un-Mormon

I feel a little un-Mormon admitting this: tonight was the first time I've ever served Jell-o at dinner. The kids' reactions were mixed.
Max was amused with his Jell-o, but didn't find it good enough to eat. At first he just poked at it with his fingers a little but then he got really enthusiastic and full on started smacking it with his spoon.

Hank, my normally picky eater, actually really liked it! Next time, if I'm really feeling Mormon-y, I'll try floating weird fruit in the Jell-o and topping it with mass amounts of whipped cream! Mmm!

3 comments:

Jill said...

Ha! That is so funny ... so funny because last night for dinner we served your really mormon-y version as a side! The girls loved it! lol

carrie @ the boonie life said...

I think the really Mormon-y thing would be to add shredded carrots in it. At least that's what I hear.
bluh!
I need to serve Jell-o more often. It's fun and always a hit.

Lauralee said...

I think to get real mormon-y you have to add nuts to the jello-
it's always a mixed reaction around here w/ jello- except when I make jigglers.. everyone likes those.