Friday, February 29, 2008

Hide & Seek


After viewing this peculiar picture, you may wonder, "what exactly is this image?" Well, let me tell you. This is a picture of the inside of our toaster. More importantly, if you look closely, you will see my wedding ring deposited inside the toaster. The next logical question would be, "what exactly is your wedding ring doing inside the toaster?" Good question. You see, yesterday I made the mistake of taking off my wedding rings while I was patting sticky brownie batter into a pan and Hank took the opportunity to "hide" them. After washing the batter off my hands, I went to put my rings back on and found that they were not on the counter where I had left them only a minute before. I turned to Hank and asked him if he had my rings. His response was less than comforting - "uh-oh." So then the game of hide and seek began. I dismantled my entire kitchen in a state of panic when I finally discovered the shiny object inside the toaster. Clearly, I was not pleased with Hank for nabbing my rings and depositing them in an appliance, but I have to admit, it was a good hiding place.

No comments: