Thursday, February 27, 2014

Time Out

There is a special place in my heart for my sweet, precocious Joey, so the expression "this will hurt you more than it hurts me" was very true when I sentenced Joey to his first Time Out the other day. If I remember correctly, his offense had something to do with dismantling the contents of my pantry while I was immobilized feeding and putting Rocky down for a nap. Sometimes I describe Joey as being my "rascally" child because he has a tendency get into things he shouldn't (typical almost two-year-old) and he will playfully laugh anytime I attempt to reprimand him, but Joey really is just a little gem. One of our favorite things to do together is read books. I try to make a little bit of time each afternoon, after I've dropped off preschoolers and put Rocky down for a nap, to spend with Joey rocking in the glider and reading books together. Joey loves to play outside with his brothers--he has his own mini basketball and likes to shoot hoops with Hank and Max. Out of all of our boys so far, Joey seems to be the most verbal for his age. Even when he is calling his brothers "poopy-face" I still love to hear Joey's little baby voice and listen to his observations and expressions. With the terrible twos quickly approaching, I'm sure this won't be the last time Joey gets sent to the dreaded Time Out corner, but I'm so glad this little boy spices up our family.


No comments: