Wednesday, November 14, 2012

I Love it When a Plan Comes Together

Not often, but every once in awhile, the stars magically align and things actually go the way I had envisioned them in my mind. Last Friday night was one of those ever so rare, but all the more special, nights that miraculously did go according to plan: the husband came home from work full of zest and energy, sharing in my enthusiasm for a family game night and the boys not only got along with each other--no hitting, kicking, or pinching--but acted as though they actually liked each other. As I think about it, I guess it's actually a pathetic insight into our family that a successful family game night is such a rarity as to cause wonder and awe....but, I digress. Anyways, it was a snowy Friday night and I had the simple idea to treat ourselves to a new board game ("Guess Who?"), rootbeer floats, and a night of family fun...and we did! The game was a big hit (with Hank especially), the rootbeer floats were yummy (Joey was a big fan of his first tastes of icecream), and at the end of the night we were all still happy!



No comments: