Sunday, September 16, 2012

Max is 4!

Happy Birthday to my sweetheart Max! I love this special little boy. Max is a lover. He loves to hold my hand, cuddle with me in the evening, and will randomly state, "Mom, you're the best!" I always say, if I'm ever feeling a little grouchy, the best medicine is spending ten minutes with Max--he just has a way of lightening my mood. Max is awesome at sharing. If he is given a cookie, he will always ask if he can have another to give to Hank. If he is playing with a toy, he willingly gives it to his brother to have a turn first. Max has the best smile, and, 99% of the time is just a happy kid. But that only 1%, look out. Max has a stubborn streak and can throw a fit like a champ--going stark-raving crazy in the middle of a busy checkout lane when denied the purchase of a snorkel mask, of all things. Max loves to be my helper--he is my right-hand man when it comes to baking cookies and making dinner and he loves to help me dust the furniture and clean the windows (I know he secretly thinks the cleaner is a next-best quirt gun). Max is our best eater and loves to eat whatever Daddy is eating; his favorite is pizza and hotdogs, just like Dad. Which, I guess isn't surprising since Max has become a Daddy's boy. Traitor. Max adores his Dad and jumps at the opportunity to ride in Dad's truck, sit on Dad's lap, or watch Dad mow the lawn. Dad is pretty happy that Max has taken an interest in golfing--Max loves his hit his "golfs," as he likes to say. In our home Max is loud and rambunctious. At school or at church, Max turns ultra-shy and has to be pried from my legs, kicking and screaming. Max has always been a great sleeper. We never have to fight Max to go to bed. In fact, he usually has to be carried to bed because he claims he is too tired to climb up the stairs to his bedroom. Max is one special little boy and we love him to peices! Happy Birthday Maxy-boy!


After being given the honor of the "student of the week" at preschool, Aaron and I took Max out to lunch at his favorite restaraunt--you guessed it, McDonald's.

Afterwards, Aaron took the boys to the trampoline place, the Birthday Boy's special request.

Later that night, we had a pizza party with Nana Z, Nana and Papa Grover, and our cousins. Max was super excited about his new nerf gun, bow and arrow set, and his new bike.




No comments: