Sunday, June 17, 2012

Daddy Dearest

I remember when Aaron and I were dating, I became very nervous at the fast pace it seemed our relationship was taking. Before I knew what was happening, we were already discussing marriage. I remember feeling absolutely floored! Marriage?! It was crazy--I was just 20 years old! But, everytime I would think about my future and try to picture what my life looked like down the road, I would have the most calm, peaceful feeling because I just KNEW that Aaron would make a great Dad. And I was right. Nearly ten years and four babies later, my suspicions proved to be right--Aaron is an amazing father. He is adored by his sons; they are lucky to have him as their Dad. We love you, Aaron!

Father's Day started with letting Dad sleep in (kinda) and then treating him to a special breakfast--eggs benedict, his favorite. After breakfast, the boys presented Aaron with the rocks that they had painted for him as presents.
As a gift, I had the boys draw pictures and fill out this questionairre, which I included in a photo book for Aaron.


After church, we changed clothes, packed up, and headed off to American Fork Canyon to meet up with our extended Grover clan for a Father's Day BBQ. It was a fabulous night and we had a great time enjoying Utah's natural beauty.


When I called my Dad this evening to wish him a happy Father's Day, he said he was sure that when we were all in heaven, awaiting our turn to come to earth, that he raised his hand for the priviledge of being my father. I'm pretty sure he got it backwards; I lucked out to have been born to an honest, smart, caring father who has always provided for our family and presided over our home in love and righteousness. Thank you, Dad. I love you.

I also have to mention and thank my dear father-in-law for raising such a worthy, hard-working, and just plain good son and for being such a sweet grandfather to my children.

No comments: