Sunday, June 17, 2012

#35 Temple Square

We had such a good time taking the boys to visit Temple Square on Saturday. Just being on the grounds of the Salt Lake Temple was very powerful. I was able to point out to Hank a bride and groom, freshly sealed, and have a really sweet discussion about eternal families. In the Visitor's Center, we viewed murals depicting Christ' life--it was a proud mom moment when the boys were able to describe to me what was happening in each picture. Later, while touring the old conference center, we were able to observe a pair of sister missionaries bearing their testimonies to an investigator. Just being in their presence, I could feel the power of their testimonies and I felt the Spirit testify to me of the truth and purity of what they were saying. I felt so proud of those missionary sisters, whom I've never met, but who so courageously shared with others what they knew to be true. It was just a beautiful day and I felt so lucky to be able to spend it with those that I love most.




At the Deseret Bookstore, the boys picked out a couple souvenirs: a "Missionary in Training" badge and a missionary figurine.

I caught Max driving his little missionary figurine on the walls and windows of the nearby City Creek shopping center all afternoon.

No comments: